• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Impeller stuck in AIO CPU cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frede

Hello,

I'm trying to fix a Cooler Master Nepton 120XL (AIO) for a friend, where the impeller seems to be stuck.
It has been getting worse over time, it went from running fine to running slowly (The PC would shutdown because of heat when gaming), and now it doesn't run at all.

If I try to rotate it by hand it goes really tight.
When I power it up the LED gets on but nothing is moving. Sometimes it makes a kind of constant beep tone, so maybe the circuit isn't damaged.

Is there any way I can get it 'free' without damaging the motor behind the circuit?

i.png c.png

Last edited:
Not sure what can be done here. Just make sure you're not testing the pump dry.

Could be a number of things like clogging, low on fluid, pump just failing in general, etc.

Nothing can be done with that. The impeller's axle is frozen in the housing or the impeller itself is frozen. It's junk now.

You have 2 choices for repair:

1) Replace the entire pump with another one. This will include refilling the system which will be more work/money
2) Just ditch it and purchase a new/used one.

Not much else can be done at this point.

Thanks for the replies, I'm not going to spend more time on it then, and I'll tell my friend to get a new one.

Yeah, they're not fixing and not worth fixing. Bearings are shot.

Back