• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your link doesn't work. Just takes you to the google home page. What are electronic sound scissors? Can you record the noise with your smart phone? Can you also tell us more about your PC?

My computer makes a strange sound when turned off. Sounds like electronic sound scissors. Everything runs fine no matter or anything just sounds weird .. Any ideas?
https://www.google.com.vn/

Its possible its a capacitor leaking fumes. Or a coil whine at certain rpms for fans. without video footage or an audio clip, and details about your system(Age, components, etc) we have no real way of knowing.

I have an HP dc5750 that did that upon startup. Now it doesn't start at all. :(

Could be an indication of a failing component. I would try to narrow down where the sound is coming from just in case the component fails--then you know at least which component you need to replace.

Back