• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosshair Hero VI BIOS Question (disable variable voltage)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

I can't seem the locate the BIOS option for disabling the automatic voltage control (Cool -n- Quiet?) on the motherboard. I need to disable it because I want to manually set a particular voltage and have it at that voltage 24/7.

Everything I've already tried so far doesn't work.

I simply want to set my voltage to 1.3975 and be done with it and the damn thing still boots up at and runs anywhere from .69V to .709V.

The CPU seemingly has no problems booting up Windows and bench marking anywhere from 4.0GHz - 4.2GHz if I choose one of the presets but the voltage is obviously too low for it to remain stable.

What terminology am I looking for? See below? No problems booting up at high speeds, just can't get the voltage set at 1.397

oops.jpg

You have to take the voltage off of auto and set it to manual then you can set a fixed voltage.

You have to take the voltage off of auto and set it to manual then you can set a fixed voltage.

Been there. Done it. No fixed voltage. That's why I'm confused. I set the voltage to manual and then in the over ride section right below it I set 1.397v, save settings and reboot. You see the results above in the screenshot. Not 1.397V, .709v

That's just not right. Something isn't reading correctly. If you updated the BIOS, try removing the battery and letting it sit for 30 minutes. That should clear up the sensor if that's the issue. You can also try HWInfo64 and see what it says, CPUz has never read voltage correctly on my CHVI but it was always reading high. That board also has voltage read point on the PROBEiT contacts if you have a DMM

That's just not right. Something isn't reading correctly. If you updated the BIOS, try removing the battery and letting it sit for 30 minutes. That should clear up the sensor if that's the issue. You can also try HWInfo64 and see what it says, CPUz has never read voltage correctly on my CHVI but it was always reading high. That board also has voltage read point on the PROBEiT contacts if you have a DMM

HWInfo is reading the proper voltage. CPU-Z is not. Prime runs for hours so I am going to leave it at 4GHz and move on to the memory

I may have been less than truthful in my previous post. I decided to bump it up more. Here's 4100.
4100.jpg

Good so it was just CPUz

I can boot up and run Windows 10 at 4.3GHz but experience thermal runaway during Prime 95 after about 10 minutes because the AIO just can't keep up with the heat. I'm betting that with a 480mm radiator and custom waterblock and loop it'd be okay but I don't wanna spend that much when Zen+ is due in a few weeks.

I backed it down to 3975MHz and played Path of Exile for about 12hrs straight and temps never got above 42°. That's good enough for me.

Back