• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.1a OC so far so good, Me happy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davefred99

Well I just recieved a new 1.1a celly-t today and couldn't wait to try it out in my Vh6t. My first attempt right out of the box 1463 (133fsb)1.50v. Next stop 1507 (137fsb) 1.6v. Why stop there upped to 1540 (140fsb) 1.7v. What the hell lets see about 1562 (142fsb) same voltage. Had a few memory problems in windows testing with sandra so I upped the voltage to 1.75v. Thats it for now until I do more testing. Looks like I got a good chip this time it clocks faster than my 1.3a and this is right out of the box no burnin or anything. Load temps 35-37 w/Vantec6035 hsf +ac3
Me pretty happy !!!

You have it thus done... congratulate. :D
This is a good O'C for 1.1a.
Memory-Bandwidth is which us 1.3a's is missing :cry:
I will probably have to do it later.

Congrats very good o\c

That's also my highest 100% stable speed with mine @1.800vc
I could boot @1628mhz with 1.800vc.....but NO Windows.....and
i had no more vcore to give.
The 1.825vc doesnt work on my mobo.
Iwill doesnt reply on my mails...and
...the voltage trick for 1.825 is too risky for me

Some Cas2 ram would much improve it's performance

Anyway
Good luck with your new rocket....and have fun

Heres an update.
I have been able to boot and get into windows at 1584 (144fsb) but maxed out on core volts @ 1.775 with vid 1-2 pined. Not stable at that yet I think I need a little more volts but I also notice that the temps seem to rise 1-2 deg each step of the way. Cpu-z reports my current speed fastest stable speed@ 1565.1mhz mmb5 reports load temps 38c-41c . I think I will try some burnin and leave it here for a few days and see if it improves. All in All I think its doing about as good as or better than most. Me still very happy

congrats...it took me a month to hit 1560+ w/ mine...I'm jealous! :D Keep burning it in for a while, and go here for the 1.8 volt mod...you may get 1600+ out of that thing :D

mmb5 reports load temps 38c-41c...
:eek: by this Temp my cel-t currently before crush (Temp-Protect w/ Air-cooling)
I hope w/ better cooling you can go 1600 stably :)

Last edited:
takiwa said:
congrats...it took me a month to hit 1560+ w/ mine...I'm jealous! :D Keep burning it in for a while, and go here for the 1.8 volt mod...you may get 1600+ out of that thing :D
As much as I would like to hit 1600, I am not real comfortable with the 1.825 volt mod. I dont want to cut the pin vid0 and nail polish seems a bit bush league to me. So I will burnin for a while and see if maybe I can lower my vcore requirements and load temps. At least for the time being its going t be 1.775vcore max @ whatever speed is stable on air with my current vantec 6035d hsf. I might remove the heat spreader in the future. I may also get some kingmax or muskin premium memory too because I thing my memory might be part of the problem too.
Thanks for all the comments I will post any new results.

Well after 3 days of testing and burnin of this CPU heres where I am at. I have succesfuly booted and run @ 144fsb or 1584mhz but not entirely stable. At 1.75vcore it will boot and run but crashes soon after. At 1.775vcore (max for now) I can run for several hrs no problem until I put a really heavy load on it and my load temps in mmb5 get above 40c. Then it will usualy just freeze in windows98se. I can honestly say that this chip appears to be stable @ 1562(142fsb,cpu-z reports 1565mhz) as I have run everything I got to test with without any problems so far.

I have come to conclusion that the primary limiting factor is my load temps. Anything above 40c in mmb5 is trouble. I also noticed that Sisoft Sandra reports about 45c as it says it adds some compensation to the bios readings? Either way it idicates to me where my limitations are. I am relatively sure that with some supercooling (water or pelter) this chip would do 1600mhz with little effort. For and air cooled system I think this is about as good as it gets with this combo.

My original goal was to have a 100% stable system @ 1500+mhz with a fsb greater than 133mhz air cooled. I have far exceeded that so I am one happy camper.

davefred99 said:
I can honestly say that this chip appears to be stable @ 1562(142fsb,cpu-z reports 1565mhz) as I have run everything I got to test with without any problems so far.

Yes,that's my conclusion too.....and also takiwa's i believe

Last night I was checking out the abit web site and noticed a new bios version 8g. It has new support for voltages @ .2v above default instead of .125v, it also has added support for all of the newer P-3 & Cely-t chips. So I downloaded it and flashed it.
Sure enough I now have more voltage options up to a max of 1.825v.
This gives me the needed voltage increases to reach 1600 with this chip. So I bumped it up to 1.8v and set the fsb to 145 (1595) and sure enough it will boot to dos and load windows but as soon as I start to stress it and th load temps get to above 40c it crashes. It idles @ 37c so with a little better cooling I think 1600 is now a definate possibility. In a week or so I will maybe remove the IHS and lap my HSF and see if its possible to get it stable. There is no doubt in my mind that with H2o cooling it would be possible but I do not want to spend the cash as I am planning a p4 1.6a or 1.8a on a P4s533 as soon as the board is avaliable.

davefred99 said:
There is no doubt in my mind that with H2o cooling it would be possible but I do not want to spend the cash as I am planning a p4 1.6a or 1.8a on a P4s533 as soon as the board is avaliable.

Yes,i agree on this too....and i'm also planning for a Northwood
but i'm waiting for the prices to drop and also the new mobo's with SiS645Dx chipset.

Back