• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two Radiators....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maximus Nickus

Senior Shaman
Ok, I have one 150Watt+ Radiator, and I'm buying an Extreme Copper 600Watt+ Radiator (over twice the power of a Black Ice extreme) should I use them both?

I'm thinking that if it disperses that much heat then it should never go above ambient... (can cool 3x156Watt Peltiers and an 1800+!!!) but hey, two better than one!

:beer: :beer: :beer:
M_N

Last edited:
Maximus Nickus said:
Ok, I have one 150Watt+ Radiator, and I'm buying an Extremem Copper 600Watt+ Radiator (over twice the power of a Black Ice extreme) should I use them both?

I'm thinking that if it disperses that much heat then it should never go above ambient... (can cool 3x156Watt Peltiers and an 1800+!!!) but hey, two better than one!

M_N
twice the power of a bix huh....what radiator is this

Yes but finding a heatercore is HARD!

And this rad is only £28! So sohuld i join them both? Series or paralell? I mean as I'm running in paralell I could have a Rad for each!!

Nick

It would make barely any difference. I've seen an article on the frontpage where the guy runs through like 6 different radiators for 3-4 degree loss. You'll have to put up with more noise as well.

Sorry spelling:rolleyes:

For some reason here in the UK NO-ONE knows what a Heatercore is, I get glib remarks like "you want a Radiator?" and "Oh aircon cooling" man where can I get one?

All I need to know is what types of car there in (diesel petrol etc) and where!!!

lol so funny:D

No, the Big Momma, an admittedly smaller sized heater-core was rated at 1300 watts. My Ford one is rated at 1500...BIX is nice, and very compact, but it can't beat a heatercore.

res0r9lm said:
Max, before you post get some numbers. blackice prime 418w and blackice extreme is 919w.

Were did you get THOSE numbers from???:D:D:D
I got my numbers off a respected retailer. They said it was 300Watts, and this Radiator which I might get is 600Watts.

Heres a pic. Its 240mm x 120mm
Is it any good? Thanks!

THE MOST POWERFUL RADIATOR AVAILABLE ONLINE! All copper construction. For extremecooling, capable of displacing 600 watts of peltier/cpu output. Has built in 'holding tanks' for extra water capicity. Virtually no back pressure, providing easy fluid flow. Available with 3/8" or 1/2" barbs. Size: 6" x 9" x 2". Gloss black color.

http://www.leufkentechnologies.com/watercooling.shtml

Looking Good:D
I don't even know which cars/where they are!!!

EDIT:/ Thanks for the help guys, I've found my answer.
Phew got a bit hectic back there:p

Last edited:
Back