• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

folders who want another rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The K7S5A has to be one of the best boards to build a folder around..... scrounge a video card and a hard drive and you've got one.

The great thing to do, if you can, is just get a good stepping Duron or Athlon-B chip that can tolerate a bump from 100 MHz FSB to 133 MHz FSB at 1.85 volts. Just pencil in the L7's and set to 133 fsb and away you go.

yes the Duron/K7S5a combo is probably one of the most used in [email protected] wish i had the 100$ to get this set...and also i believe that the K7s5a aloows you to change fsb....so you dont need to change to L7s....i thought it had 66/100/133 options...or am i wrong?

minoukat said:
I don't htink it would have the 66 option :D ;) :p

lol...i was thinking of the old Cellyrons and i forgot the Durons always had a 100mhz bus...

The ECS board has 100, 112, 124, 133, 138, 145, and 150 options I think. No multi ajustment though :(.

SickBoy said:
Who needs 256 MB of RAM for a dedicated folder? 64 MB should be plenty if you just run Win98 or ME....

or 32 if youre running Overfoldix....:D

Don't want to seem too ignorant, but what is Overfoldix. And does it run better (faster) than the text version in Windows.

Is it for Linux, Unix or what. I am really curious. Thanks...

Also do any of you guys know what the difference between Folding@home and Distributed Folding is????

They both appear on the statsman.org page and I am feeling a little confused.

PS just got to 100 points for Team 32...still going strong.

chrismacan said:
Don't want to seem too ignorant, but what is Overfoldix. And does it run better (faster) than the text version in Windows.

Is it for Linux, Unix or what. I am really curious. Thanks...

Also do any of you guys know what the difference between Folding@home and Distributed Folding is????

They both appear on the statsman.org page and I am feeling a little confused.

PS just got to 100 points for Team 32...still going strong.

See here :D
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78858

Thanks David, I will have to give it a try on my celly 533, when I get it running again. Needs a case and memory. Might take a couple of weeks.

I appreciate the quick response...:D

chrismacan said:
Thanks David, I will have to give it a try on my celly 533, when I get it running again. Needs a case and memory. Might take a couple of weeks.

I appreciate the quick response...:D

Cool, no problem :D
Thanks for offering to try it, I look forward to seeing what happens...

Back