• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what to believe mbm or kk266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peppy

when i have my volt set to a certain nuber say 1.80 volts for the cpu mbm reads 1.89? what should i believe? i hope mbm:)

Actually, that sounds about right. There is a jumper on the board that allows a 5% or a 10% increase on the Vcore. This is typically set at 5% from the factory. On my KK266-R, setting the Vcore to 1.75V actually yields 1.83V. ( 1.75 + 5% ) Check the manual for jumper location and settings, and be careful w/ the 10% setting. :)

Actually the 5% and 10% jumper is for the vio voltage 3.3v plus 5% or 10% that is for FSB overclocking to boost northbridge and ram voltage. As for the CPU voltage most socket A boards have a higher voltage then what is set in the bios so if you set 1.85 in bios it usually will be 1.9-1.95v in MBM and MBM displays the real voltage

Tom is right. According to the manual, this jumper is for Vio.

However, I'm wondering if this is actually correct. On my board, setting the jumper to 5% increases the Vcore by 5%. Setting the jumper to 10% also increased the Vcore by 10%, according to both the BIOS & MBM as well as the significant rise in CPU temp. Has anyone else seen this w/ their board?

on my board (kk266-r) if i raise the Vio 5% or 10% my vcore drops about .1v which is pretty insignifigant .

Back