• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would my PSU have any thing to do with this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coolpoolguy1

My other computer keeps on shutting of after a little bit about 1/2 hour. Its a 350w Psu with only 1 cd rom, an amd 1.1g cpu and a ati radeon. It has 2 case fans and right now it is not overclocked.
Just out of know where it started shutting off. I have cleaned every thing out.

Please help.

It might be PSU, but that is not where I would look first. If it does it every time it is left untouched for 30mins I would check the power management settings in BIOS and the OS.
More information about what it is doing would be helpful.

There is no rhyme or rhythm, just while I'm using it will shut off like I pulled the plug. Like it is over heating but it is not I have a laser temp gun and have found no hot spots.

interesting if its not overheating then i'de say theres something wrong with the psu or the outlet, i dont think you are drawing too much power from the psu , it just might be faulty, when did this start happening? how old is the psu? if you can borrow someones psu and try it on your machine, if it works fine, then well you know its the psu!
Welcome to the forums!!:D

Back