• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rolling back an OS...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneak

I had just reformated and put a fresh install of windows 2k on my machine. Then later that week I upgraded to XP. Now I want to go to control panal and uninstall xp. So when I restart I will have 2k again. So if that works will all the things I have done in xp be still be saved on my machine?

Sneak said:
I had just reformated and put a fresh install of windows 2k on my machine. Then later that week I upgraded to XP. Now I want to go to control panal and uninstall xp. So when I restart I will have 2k again. So if that works will all the things I have done in xp be still be saved on my machine?

This would be best answered in our OS forum. But you're new here, so we'll cut you some slack.

Just like when you upgrade from one OS to another, when you rollback (if it works successfully) you'll lose it all. All your programs will be there, but the registry entries won't. And neither will your drivers.

Word of advice, do a clean install of any operating system otherwise you are just asking for trouble.

and also away we go to operating systems

Back