• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron Tualatin 1000@1500 MHz with default voltage!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi guys and gals,

I just got my new Celeron Tualatin 1 GHz CPU today. This time I tried to find a CPU that was manufactured in Phillipines and had a "PACK DATE" from 2002. I found exactly what I had searched for, a CPU from Phillipines, boxed, with a PACK DATE of 02/05/02.

This chip is the best I've ever seen, since my Celeron 333 boxed(which did 500 MHz at 1,8V and 550 MHz at default voltage without a problem).
I first tried 1333 MHz at default --> no problem, totally stable

I was happy. I would've have been satisfied with this CPU doing 1,33 GHz at default voltage, because my 3 other Celeron 1 GHz A that I already had, always needed at least 1,55V to do 1333 MHz. BTW they were alll from Malaysia and had a PACK DATE from 2001.

then 1400 MHz at default ---> totally stable
1450 MHz at default --> totally stable
finally 1500 MHz at default --> totally stable as I'm writing this here at the moment at 1,5 GHz default. Did also already run Quake 3 without problems.

This chip is really amazing. I'm wondering if I can make my dream come true. I'd like to run this chip at 1666 MHz (166 MHz FSB RAM at CL2), which would give killer performance. I know that my RAM can actually run 166 MHz at CL2 2-2-2 5/7 , so it's upto the Celli now:D

I think I'll order a Thermalright AX-7 soon, use my Delta 80x80x38mm SHE fan on it. Then 1,66 GHz shouldn't be a problem, concerning CPU cooling. Perhaps I'll also take off the IHS and attach a copper spacer to the CPU and lap it alltogether to get a nearly perfectly flat surface.

Wish me luck.

I'll post some screenies soon. :p

Last edited:
It's the normal version 5.1.0.4 of MBM. I only changed the sensor's name in the 'settings'. Just open 'settings', then 'Temperatures', 'Voltages' or 'Fans' and then you can change the displayed name under 'visuals'.
That's it Rio71.

Very nice luck there.

I just tried 2 different 1.0A's yesterday and neither one would even do 1.5 GHZ with voltages approaching 1.8V. One would do 1.45 GHZ with about 1.725V and the other would do about 1.4 with 1.75V. These ones I got must have been speed binned. Weird thing is they hae pack date in December(I believe 12/12/2001) but the week numbers on the CPU are around week 31(or close to it) so it would appear that Intel was sitting on them for a couple of months before they did anything with them. I guess maybe they didn't meet the requirements to be PIII's so maybe they piled the rejects up and labled them as lower speed Celerons once there plans for launching the 256K Celerons were finalized.

Wow!!! I just saw this post and couldnt hardly believe it. 1500 @ 1.475v. I looked at the data base to see if anyone else listed anything close and several claim to hit 1500 but only one at such low voltages. I thought I was doing good with my 1.1a @ 1.75v but you really got a good one it looks like. I will be watching to see where you top out at. Many have gotten to 1500 but I have never heard of any 1.0a chips hitting 1600. When you get it maxed out send a memory bench screany.
Good Luck

I just tried 1,6 GHz (160 MHz FSB), but no go. I tried several voltages, but even at 1,75V, it refused to boot into windows and got pretty hot. About 34°C in idle.

I think I'll have to wait until I'll get the Thermalright AX-7. But till then, in my opinion 1,5 GHz isn't bad either;)

I'm just burning this chip in at 1000 MHz with 1,825V(actually 1,84V according to MBM).

I would take it a few mhz at a time and maybe a .05v bump each steps above 150fsb. I thought my 1.1a would easily get to 1600 at first because I had such good luck right out of the box, but for me I seem to have hit a limit around 1562(142fsb). Even after burnin . Any higher speeds/temps its its just not stable. For me it seems to be the load temps that get me. Everytime I get a load temp around 40c something fails and adding more voltage just makes it worse. I think that most if not all celly-t chips need some super cooling to get much higher. I also noticed that it takes two or three hours of burning to hit max load temps. Another thing I also noticed that my video card really started to heat up with higher clock speeds. I am not sure if its because of the higher pci speeds alone or a combination of more cpu data speeds to the video card.

nice oc man...mine was also a Philli packed 2002 but i could only get default to run at 1.33....of course my motherboard was suspect (and dead now)...

funnyperson1 said:
nice oc man...mine was also a Philli packed 2002 but i could only get default to run at 1.33....of course my motherboard was suspect (and dead now)...

DEAD????

Why?

Nice OC, if you get to 166 FSB you will be on top of the overclockers.com CPU database.... the mark of true 133tness!!!! My Ram wont let me go above 150 at all , so i run at 140 with faster RAM timings. Still as the old song goes, 40% overclock aint bad! :) :)

~ShiFtY out~

As the chip isn't stable at anything above 1,5 GHz right now(I hope that'll change as soon as I get my AX-7), I tried to run it at default speed (1000 MHz) and the lowest possible voltage.
And guess what. It is stable at 1,1V.
I could also use it as CPU for a cinema system in my living room, as it can be easily passive cooled at that speed.

After all, I'll order the AX-7 tonight and then we'll see.

Back