• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make it automatically connect???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

I have Win2k Pro and I have troubles when my comp finishes a WU in F@H, I want it to automatically connect to the internet and then send/recieve WUs.. But it just doesn't connect to the internet. When my other computer tries to connect to the internet through this one (Using ICS) it connects normally. When launching IE it connects automatically but not when a WU is finished. Any one has any info on how can I make it work again?

PLZ HELP ME OUT!!!!! How can I make Win2k to connect to the internet whenever a software asks it to connect, except IE???
I need it working till saturday, when the F@H contest begin

for what i remember.......(from 98se anyway)......

click on the browser tool -->internet options-->connections-->

there u can kinda set the machines up whenever u open a browser and auto dial ur default connection. but that doesn't seem to work w/ Folding tho.....

suggestion: change to SETI( :D ), and u can "CACHE" lots WU while u r away or didn't connect to the net! ;)

LandShark said:

there u can kinda set the machines up whenever u open a browser and auto dial ur default connection. but that doesn't seem to work w/ Folding tho.....

suggestion: change to SETI( :D ), and u can "CACHE" lots WU while u r away or didn't connect to the net! ;) [ /B]

Stop trying to steal folding members :D

Maybe try the folding section. Someone that runs the program may know if the client can activate the modem in some way. Your using EM right? If it shows you approximately when your WU will be complete, you should be able to set your dialer up as a scheduled task. You'll have to set the time that the task will activate each time you shut the modem down. Be wary of this though, if someone's on the phone, it won't hesitate to start ringing, and the person on the phone could get fairly irratated. (Especially if it's your parents:( )

LandShark said:

suggestion: change to SETI( :D ), and u can "CACHE" lots WU while u r away or didn't connect to the net! ;)

HEHE... No way dude! Sorry...
But anyway I found the problem and fixed it! I had to use windows help! I can't believe it that it actually worked!
Thanks for the help anyway

In Network and dialup connections, Click Advanced->Dialup preferences...
there click on the location u want to use as ur autodial...
I only have one ISP so there is only one option for me..

Back