• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

internet connection sharing......dns error i think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gurdas

Registered
right the pc with the cable modem connected is working. i have two clients connected to that pc, one of the clients works perfectly well but the other client is HALF working.

the problem is that whenever i go to a site a "page cannot be found" page comes up, and after refreshing a few times the page comes up. this happens on nearly every site i go to and i dont know why, i have tried to set it up, obtaining the addresses automatically and also assigning it an ip address but still the same problem.

im also using the sygate sharing program on the server to share the connection. and all three computers are using windows 2000 professional.

does anyone know what the problem/answer is?

thanks
gurdas

run your cmd and then ipconfig /all

on your messed up client, look and see if you have a dns entry, if not run it on your good client, check that dns entry
then goto messed up client ,your tcp properties and assign it those good dns addresses and see if that is the quick fix

thanks for the tips guys but it still didnt work, i resorted to formatting and everything runs fine now:)

Back