• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Argh my worst nightmare

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sorry to hear that mate. I feel your pain. I once did the same thing and the freaking RMA mobo takes forever to come. The CPU I had to buy new one. But like other are saying get the XP1600 and OC it is better. Or wait till May and get the cheapest T-bred.
On the positive side you will have the 0.13um athlon ;)

It will work out but its worrying!

I mean the amount of $ I spent on this rig was so I wouldn't have to splash out any more $ but well here I am!!

Funny thing was I don't think the CPU was my fault, I mean it was on its last legs anyway. (Cracks all around the core.:eek: )

A T-Bred would be nice but the XP's will be cheaper....

If I have not heard wrong the first T-bred will be the XP1800 at 0.13um and price around $113USD so it is not much more expensive than the XP1600 at $100USD

Cool,

At the mo I'm waiting for the RMA on my 20GB Seagate and Jetway Mobo, I should get over $100 for the pair (Mobo is AGP 4x, ATA 100 supports up to 1.2Ghz only 100FSB though...) so if and when I RMA them (the companys are so slow) I can raise some $$$!!

EPoX Motherboards are great.

Although when i've seen people try to Add H2O, And it gives you a FF Sign, and then it just fries the board.

Same happened to me, when i added a Heatsink

Ran for about 5 minutes, then just i restarted and said FF.

HaywirE said:
EPoX Motherboards are great.

Although when i've seen people try to Add H2O, And it gives you a FF Sign, and then it just fries the board.

Same happened to me, when i added a Heatsink

Ran for about 5 minutes, then just i restarted and said FF.

mine was watercooled for 2 months, it ran like a champ.
unfortunately i cut a trace w/ the screwdriver by the IC.
it still runs fine, but the volt mod stopped working, so i had to get a new board. but its sitting in my closet waiting for another box:)

Back