• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Wav to MP3 converter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try here.
Haven't used them before, but hey, free is free right?

I bought Xing a few years ago, and it's still about the fastest.

it works completely stable, these northwoods overclock really well, this is just a moderate overclock for this chip.

Sound Forge 5. You can convert wav's to cd quality (or higher) mp3's. Works very well.

*edit

I guess you wanted a free one though huh? I don't know any free ones that I ever liked.

Last edited:
dBpowerAMP is great. I use it to rip my cd's to .ogg format. and then if needed for a cd, wav. all you have to do is right click on a music file and you can convert it from there. http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

edit.... and if you want to check out .ogg, go to www.vorbis.com. it is open source and the sound quality is great. i love the variable bit rate, i love it good.

try looking for CDex in some search engine (can't find the right addy now).
it's just a windows-friendly interface wich uses the LAME encoder and has a lot of options --even id3 v2 support-

-------------------------------------------------------
"Nothing important happened today"
From the journal of George III
King of England
July 4, 1776
-------------------------------------------------------

Back