• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats up with the Celly Williamett

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davefred99

I was reading up on the web several articles about the upcomming realease of the new intel williamett based cellys starting at 1.7ghz and ending at about 1.9ghz. Since these chips appear to me to be just old p4,s with a 128k cache, where will they fit in as far as performance compared to the current cely-t with 256k cache. Seems to me that they won't be much better if at all since most celly-t's are good for at least 1.5ghz already and with a smaller cache maybe not as good. The only thing I can see is that maybe the memory bandwith will be better with ddr instead of sdram ? The other thing I noticed is that the life cycle of these chips is supposed to be real short like maybe 6mos before they move to another platform.
Just wondering, any insight welcome.

they will get thouroughly and completely R**** by the Celeron tualatins....a 1.5 GHZ Tualatin would be as fast as like a 2.5GHZ one of these POS....

Back