Thread: Dual shrouds

Dual shrouds

Would this be more efficient than a 120mm fan on each side of the rad? Think about it, if a fan is rated at 100CFM and a fan is on each side of the rad on shrouds, is there really 200CFM going through the rad or are they pushing and pulling the same 100 CFM? Now with the pic I posted there should be 200CFM going through the rad?
    P4-1.6A-TH7IIR-512Mb
    @2.53Ghz
    custom high flow watercooled

New system,
    D920-Intel D975XBX-1Gb ddr2 800
    @4Ghz
    Stock air cooled

Freedom,

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

looks like a great idea, why dont you try it post pics and give us results

that wouldnt be a bad idea, i mean, it works fine with one exhaust, and you know, you want more intake than exhaust, but that design wouldnt work on intake, because they would just be pushing against each other.....you can try it though...and tell us how it works

edit : no there would not be 200 cfm going THROUGH the radiator, but the two fans do push 200 cfm (the exhaust, but the exhaust isnt going through the rad...so no....theres just 100 in, and 200 out
    Q6600 @ 2.92ghz --- Asus Striker Extreme
    Lian Li V2000B---Corsair 620w PSU
    8gb DDR2 Patriot (4x2gb)---Samsung Spinpoint T 500gb
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme

My name is actually Phillip.

Rangerjoe, I should have been more clear in the drawing but the two shrouds would be independantly fabbed so when they are attached to the rad there is in effect a divider between them. They would not be able to fight each other this way.

Edit: Also in the drawing there is only two exhaust fans pulling air through the rad and no intake fan.
    P4-1.6A-TH7IIR-512Mb
    @2.53Ghz
    custom high flow watercooled

New system,
    D920-Intel D975XBX-1Gb ddr2 800
    @4Ghz
    Stock air cooled

Freedom,

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid. - Dwight D. Eisenhower