• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual shrouds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gone_fishin

BandSaw King
Would this be more efficient than a 120mm fan on each side of the rad? Think about it, if a fan is rated at 100CFM and a fan is on each side of the rad on shrouds, is there really 200CFM going through the rad or are they pushing and pulling the same 100 CFM? Now with the pic I posted there should be 200CFM going through the rad?

that wouldnt be a bad idea, i mean, it works fine with one exhaust, and you know, you want more intake than exhaust, but that design wouldnt work on intake, because they would just be pushing against each other.....you can try it though...and tell us how it works

edit : no there would not be 200 cfm going THROUGH the radiator, but the two fans do push 200 cfm (the exhaust, but the exhaust isnt going through the rad...so no....theres just 100 in, and 200 out

Rangerjoe, I should have been more clear in the drawing but the two shrouds would be independantly fabbed so when they are attached to the rad there is in effect a divider between them. They would not be able to fight each other this way.

Edit: Also in the drawing there is only two exhaust fans pulling air through the rad and no intake fan.

Back