• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP. Install the Via 4in1's or Not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kent

I thought I read somewhere not to install the 4in1's on Windows XP, but do install the IDE filter. Correct or not. Thanks, Kent :)

With my Shuttle AV40-r (VIA Chipset) and XP I used the most current 4in1 and had no problems at all..

I would say install them, but many say install the newer version only if you have a problem or bugs....

I don't remember what forum I read that at. Someone just suggested using the XP natives.

I have thrown out that advice in the MoBo section of these forums but have found something that might interest you.
Note that under WindowsXP, if you try to install the 4-in-1 drivers over the native WinXP drivers, the 4-in1 installs only the 1.40a.inf file. However, if you right-click the setup.exe file, choose properties, then in the Compatibility mode tab, check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 2000", then click Apply and OK, you will be presented with all the driver install choices when you double-click setup.exe.

I`ve installed them also, no probs after installation but still no fix to sound issues under XP???

Acko

Back