• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need WEB cam software advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shmuck

Hello all.

I need you all to give the names of inexpensive webcams and software that is easy to use that will allow me and other friends to do "videoconferencing" online.

I am about to head off to college in a few months, and all of us are kind of passively looking around for one good webcam and software that is not very expensive, but works well.

Any and all input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim/Shmuck

You won't be happy after you get it.

This kind of cheap webcam is really slow...I mean you will see your movements on the screen MUCH MUCH slower than what you really did. Everything reacts seconds later, and lag hard.

well, is there any webcam that is inexpensive that does not suffer from this? Maybe one with less quality...

I have heard of and seen cheap webcams do a solid 15 fps, with a very fast internet connection--and I am not exactly expecting DVD quality--just decent video-conferencing stuff.

Back