• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help fastttttt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ymNA

ok, I just got my raid setup so I use my old hd as a data driver, but I didn't format it just use it and delete all the files on it, so I guess it still has a boot sector or something, so now the system always try to boot with that hd first but not the raid. and always get error of missing files (duh).

The question where can I find a bootdisk to have access to that harddrive to backup an important file to a floppy, before I format it. thanks
EDit: and the hd is a NTFS.

there's a cool utility available here.

This ones a trial, I think you have to by the program to write NTFS from dos, but I think you should be able to backup your file

argg, ok, I got access to the hd, but in DOS I can not use the folder name with space in it... like "my folder" arggggg
whenI want to get in the dir, it say too many parameter. How can I get in the folder with space in its name? thanks

Double check your boot sequence in the bios, I had a 13gb backup drive on my primary controller and 2x40gb drives on my raid and I found that after clearing the cmos the system would try to boot off the primary controller rather than the Raid, so I just rearranged the sequence and Viola all set:)

Back