• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cely 1.1a how stable at max oc ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davefred99

I have been testing my 1.1a for several weeks now and after exhausting every possible tweak I could think of I decided to go back and do some extensive stabiliy tests. Like most oc,ers I wanted to get everything I could out of my chip and without a lot of effort got my chip to run @ 1562 (142fsb) at what I thought was pretty stable after all I could run sysoft sandra burn for hours with no problems, I could run 3dmark 2001se looped for several hours, and I never seamed to have any software problems. Must be Stable right. WRONG!!

I discovered that while running 3dmark 2001se I never could get the same score twice and it usualy varied 200-300 marks. So I decided to back off my system a few MHZ to 1518 (138fsb) and all of a sudden I start getting scores that are higher and +- 50 marks. Hmm, I decided to re do all my stability tests and low and behold prime95 torture test crashes within five minutes. This really got me thinking how well I had really tested for stability before. So I decided to start out new @ 133fsb and find the lowest vcore I could run stable at, it turned out to be 1.6v and after many hours of testing I moved up to 135fsb and it took 1.65v to get stable at that speed. I then went up to 137fsb and it took 1.725v to get stable prime95 torture tests. 138 took 1.75v and 140 took 1.825v to finally get Prime95 torture to run without errors.
The moral of this story is that while I can get my system to run for many hours at lower vcore settings it takes more than that to be really stable and while I can run my system @ 1562 (142fsb) for many hours of normal use @ 1.775v it is not 100% stable above 1540 and thats pushing it th the max and I wonder if its worth it for a couple of mhz.

No program (that I could think or or know of) finds stability problems better than Prime. Very sensitive to the slightest CPU calculations. A god send.

I found similar results w/ my 1.1A. It is stable @ 141 w/ 1.775 but needs 1.825 @ 142 and above. Temps shot up a bit @ 1.825 so I keep it currently @ 1.775. I need another week or so to evaluate since I just got the chip.

Back