• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please offer clues to nt4 workstation problem :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thefly

I've got an nt4 workstation machine that has a problem.

When ever It's booted I get 2 pop up messages. you know the screen that asks you which program you want to use to open a non recognized file? and you choose the program to open with...?

Well, i get two of these pop ups when the machine is booted. It askes which program do i want to open jkj and satg files with. Both are dlls which are part of a printer program which was incorrectly removed by the use.

So the question is, how do i stop these two pop ups?

I've looked in the registry and the start up menu and can't find the call for the files.

Where else should I look??

win.ini file??

Greatfull for any clues!!! :)

ehhe ya. I tried renaming the files that it calls. It picks up the changes.

Maybe tomorrow I'll see things straighter.

Renamed the folder the files sit in. no good.
nuked the registry for xerox print driver no good.
change the file names. no good.

grin. Anyway, this problem is going to bother me all night i'm sure.

lol....just redo nt over on top of the old one.....I feel for ya.

Montreal is a pretty city, been there!

try typing system.ini into the run box and reming out the entries for those .dll's under drivers ( if that easy)

thefly said:
I've got an nt4 workstation machine that has a problem.

When ever It's booted I get 2 pop up messages. you know the screen that asks you which program you want to use to open a non recognized file? and you choose the program to open with...?

Well, i get two of these pop ups when the machine is booted. It askes which program do i want to open jkj and satg files with. Both are dlls which are part of a printer program which was incorrectly removed by the use.

So the question is, how do i stop these two pop ups?

I've looked in the registry and the start up menu and can't find the call for the files.

Where else should I look??

win.ini file??

Greatfull for any clues!!! :)

Search your win.ini, system.ini & registry for the file names.

If that doesn't work. Another workaround......I won't explain now cause I haven't the energy...and the first idea should work.

ahha. gees.

Don't I feel silly.

I found the problem. The users profile had the shortcuts in his startup. I was looking only in my profile when i was checking the machine.

dooh.

grin

Back