• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft announces support for Hammer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is really good news for us AMD fans. Actually, that is really good news for just about anybody. I like the ironic twist of fate that Intel kinda helped AMD's Windows architecture for the 64-bit platform.

I love it when leaks become reality! The announcement from Microsoft ties back to the leaked emails that were posted at the inquirer a few days back. Seems as though AMD may have a better handle on things than was orignally thought. I hope so!!!

BOOM!
its all over now. if there is a windows to go along with hammer when it comes out, Intel has lost, at least for like 6 months after till they can ship Yamhill. AMD has already one the 1st 64-bit battle.
im not just guessing here either, i am almost sure of it.
M$ would'nt be spending a billion dollars creating an OS for Hammer if there wasn't some REAL potential behind it. Intel is established so they gain support fairly easily. but AMD must really have something up there sleeve to score M$.
and where M$ follows, all of the other software companies will to.

u can quote me on this whenever you like, its my 1st major prediction of the future. Hammer is gonna dominate Intel for awhile here.

now the test comes to see how much AMD will inflate their prices.
if they keep clawhammer at <500$, it really is all over because there is no way Intel will release an Itanium at that blasphemus price. A 750mhz Itanium now costs over a grand, and the 1 ghz version beats 4 grand.
god this is nuts, i almost dont believe it. this is the biggest news since the Athlon began owning the p/// a few years back
good day all:D:D:D
-Malakai

sorry to double post, but i bet every employee and CEO of Intel is sh*tting their pants right now:D:D:eek: :eek:
-Malakai

Back