• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it posible to make windows apps transperent??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natopotato

i was looking at some desktop pics and this guy had this awsome desktop it ha transperent apps u could see his awsome desktop through aim

wow

any way i guess its posible in xp... not shure what his os was is it posible in 98???

plz post links idea mods... i wana make my windows look kool@~!!

I used to run windows blinds in windows 98 and it would do it for some apps.

Kyle

Folding

The folding@home monitoring program- Electron Microscope 3 can be turned transparent in Win2k/XP. Links:

F@H client
EM3

Last edited:
I did this with winamp's advanced visulization studio. just set everything in display settings to one color, and open winamp and start the visulizatoin studio. then go to settings->display and enable overlay mode and set it to the same color you set your windows items to. works in 2k and XP, haven't tried it on 98/me though.

i can do it with the nVidia nView desktop manager from control panel. i think that if u have a geforce2/nVidia card, it can be done with the driver in control panel. but depends if u have the cards or not. anyone done this or know what im talking about?

Back