• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kazaa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
i know this should be in the software section to all you admins, but i need this info asap...everyone knows that kazaa uses spyware...yea, so i have ad-aware, and i want to know how i can delete the spy ware part, but still have kazaa work...any ideas?

kazaa isn't really a subject that should be discussed, for future reference. it can too easily slip into the areas of warez and other illegal activities. just read about it in the forum guidlines if you haven't already.

jeff

I guess I will post this before it gets locked;)

Search on Kazaa for "Kazaa Lite", it gets rid of all the ads, and spyware.

They have a home page, when I find it I will PM you!

thanks, i never really thought of the warez thing...o/c forums couldnt get in trouble to having a post about the program....kazaa isnt illegal, it connects two people and transfers directly...they are just a middle man, they dont have the info on their servers...

Mick said:
kazza lite dosen't have spyware and p2p i'snt piracy(warez).

Not until you get people loading things other than music on there and whatnot (programs, etc...). Music in itself is more of a violation of the artist's rights than it is piracy. But I won't go any further in depth with that, as I have probably said too much already. It's an old debate with what's piracy and what's not around here, I'd just look it up in the search part of the forums cause any more talk like this will probably get this thread deleted and/or locked. As mentioned before, also check the forums guidelines for more clarification into what's stepping over the bounds around here.

As far as Kazaa itself... I've used Kazaa a few times, but I usually use Limewire myself. I can delete spyware in there and still have it work, and it lets you choose what to install and what not to (e.g. Gator, Bonzi Buddy, etc...).

Mick said:
kazza lite dosen't have spyware and p2p i'snt piracy(warez).

p2p isn't piracy if you are trading your own programs and music you create yourself. If you are trading other artist's music and copyrited software it is most certainly piracy wheather you believe so or not.

click

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back