Thread: She dont work

She dont work

I just installed retension bkts on my back up comp. I was running it without them. Also installed a larger power supply now when I plug in the power supply the board powers on ,don't need power switch.Infact power switch does nothing. Comp wont run ,fans do no vidio. Did i break the mobo?

A mobo will run if the power switch isn't connected to the mobo.

What is a bkt?

Senior Thread Hijacker

Re: She dont work

Originally posted by arden
    I just installed retension bkts on my back up comp. I was running it without them. Also installed a larger power supply now when I plug in the power supply the board powers on ,don't need power switch.Infact power switch does nothing. Comp wont run ,fans do no vidio. Did i break the mobo?
    A little more information and spelling may help a bit.

Sounds like that as soon as you plug the ATX power plug into the mobos header, it powers up, but doesn't go anywhere. Might wanna check the jumper for your power switch, and make sure it's not shorted. Also, telling us what motherboard you have may help. In fact, full system specs would be great, as well as a more detailed description of the trouble, along with at least semi accurate spelling. It's kinda tough to guess what you're talking about when you abbreviate everything.

Ok it's a slot a t-bird and msi 6191 mb. The brackets support the cpu. I was using it with out the brackets untill I bought some .Was running ,but would reboot sometimes and decided it was power supply which I found out was only 160 watts. So I installed the brackets and a good 250 watt power supply that I know was good and pluged it in .The comp turns on without pressing the switch. No video ,power button does nothing and cas fan header was dead. Pluged fan in different header and fan runs. Installed video card in different comp and it works. Any ideas?

Red Raccoon Dojo ThePerfectCore's Avatar
    Did you seat the processor correctly?

Did you re-insert your RAM correctly?

A mis-seated processor would probably blow something up, while mis-seated RAM would only kill your video.

Reseat everything. Try running it with cpu ram and vid. Check ram in different comp. If possible try the cpu in another comp too.
    It's hard to look at it like a learning experence.

CPU: Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz (22x182)
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Motherboard: Asus p7p55 lx
    Video: MSI N460GTX + Asus VH198T
    Hard Drives: AS596TB-32GMx2 RAID 0
    Other: HD-DVD/Blu Ray Combo Drive.
    All Powered by: Corsair 750W

Reseated everything ,still no work. Then played around with power supply that I had in my other computer and was working fine, would run for a few mins. then reboot. Then I had to let cool off and it would reboot. Finally it would not reboot,quess what junk power supply. Enermax 250 in trash, put old power supply back in and computer is running fine. Now I'm looking for a power supply for it . The one thats working is only 160 watts . Thanks for the help with my problem. Any one that mite have a used power supply and want to sell it please let me know.