• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hacker Problem!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tyshy

ok this is the security section so i think its in the right spot...I HAVE A HACKER>>>>>>>and he is annoying the crap outa me. He hasn't screwed up my comp YET.....but he has been screwin wit mah email.......i have hotmail(hey..its free) and he imed my one day sayin he got my im name off this site.....and said he had hacked into my comp. Well i thought it was a friend playin a joke on my with a diff sc. Then i realized after i couldn't log into my email that he really was hackin.....and so i chnaged my password. Well i had to answer a question to change my pass and it worked for about a day. Then i guess he changed it again so when i went to change the pass back i wound up finding he had changed the question.......it is now Who am I? I obviously dont know the answer to my question and now can't find out my email...and i have stuff on this comp that i don't want him to touch.

The thing i don't understand is how can he hack into my comp when i have a 56k and my ip address changes all the time....and also.....im 15....i don't have anything that important that i needto worry about security. Why would he have a reason to hack? He said he was From Alabama but i think he is in my town.....hopefully he won't hack again....but its realy annoying...and i can't send an email to hotmail about ym problem. Should i just create a new account?....well anyway...can any of u tell me what to do?

I doubt he hacked your system. Being on a 56k makes is harder hack. Also most hackers hack into systems and then use those ones to hack into others or do a DOS attack. He probably just got a hold of your Hotmail password. Did you have any easy password to guess? Did you tell anybody your password?

just drop that account and activate a new one, stop messing with that account for whatever reason, run an antivirus and a trojan check on your system

This is kind of on the subject but I got a warning on my firewall after being gone for a few hours saying that someone with sub-7 was trying to log into my comp. I was wondering what a good free anti trojan program to see if its installed. Also I heard that once sub 7 is somehow installed on your system it wont be picked up by virus scanners so how can i remove it without reformatting?

Thanks!

I've used trojan remover before with success. I didn't look to see what this costs now, it used to be shareware.

*edit* yup, 30 day shareware, $25 to keep it. The download is full function....Happy trails!

well i figured it out.......with the help of a friend who just has more common sense than i do. This "hacker" (notice the quotes) did hack my email but nothin else. II have a 56k and i usually delety my cookies. This would be very hard to hack. Anyway......he sent an email from my account to a friend who lives up the street from me. The only thing in the body of the email was the word "lord". Well later my friend im'd me and said he figured it out. This hacker used the word lord for the secret question but instead of spelling it out lord...he spelled it out backwards(he was mockin me cuz i spelled a word backwards for my pass) except he spelled lord backwards wrong. He had a typo so it spelled dtol instead of drol. Anyway i changed my pass again and made it so i am virtually invisible on my comp. Besides....none uses this computer at all anyway.....i think he got my sc from this site......but wutever................as long as he doesn't do it again.....and if he does...i will just create a new email address.

there are easier ways, you don't have to get data from someone's system to find his passwords. He just needs your login name. For example, brute forcing your e-mail is one way. He'll simply use a program to loop through a keyword file with your id. Such as

YourID - Apple
YourID - Banana
YourID - Grape
YourID - Orange

And so on, until it finds a match.
Point is, make sure you always use a pssword that a bruteforce program will take a year to find. Such as...
12j9k3a and so on
You don't even have to make it taht complicated, jsut adding numbers into your name is fine, for example j0n4th4n

actually it is sooo esay to make ur paassowrd 99% uncrackable, i only say 99% due to someday someone will make a prog ot crack it.

just add and ASCII character to the end of it..password crackes, and brute forcers do NOT recognize ascii characters

like hold CTRLT and press any 3 digit #'s between 001-255 to the end of you pass and it will be uncrackable

like oc jason

examples are CTRL147 = ô
CTRL146 = Æ
CTRL148 = ö
CTRL254 = ■
those all TOTALLY recognized by email passes and computer passowrkd but not to brute force progs and the like, they can scan for 1000 light years and never get it.

It is soooo easy no adays to make viruses that spread your comp's legs wide open to invasion. With vb6 I could use winsock to connect to a my ip address(if it never changed) and let me do dos commands, control your mouse, etc. An old teacher got one of these, the only reason I knew it was there was because the lil computers in the task bar that show ur online were goin crazy(thanks microsoft for a feature that is actually usefull!!). They disquised it as a video driver and the server it logged onto disguised itself as the Yahoo webpage only from 5 years ago, lol.

had a similar thing happen to me once. Ive got two hotmail accounts for 1 reason or another. I sined into msn messenger one of my friends was online as soon as i sined in he messaged me, he started talkin a load of rubbish telling me he was gay and things like that. I thought this doesnt sound like my friend. I said to the person on my friends account "you're not (my friends name)" then they just sined out and went. 10mins later my other hotmail account comes online to messenger. I said to the person "who the @%$& r u get out my acount" they seemd quite confused. and then returned my compliment with more swearing. they then started to say that the account was now theres. i then sined out waited for a bit then went to hotmail to sine in and they had changed my password. but they hadnt changed my secret question so i got in then changed the password and question and i had it back and still use it to this day:p At the end of the day when i went into college and talked with my friends what had happened is one of my friends got hacked then the person was working through his buddy list in messenger!!

Back