• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why?!?!?!?! :((

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cHrIsViEr

Registered
I have a Pentium 4 1,8 Northwood. The CPU running now at
2,4 Ghz the Vcore is 1,90 <<<<?!?! When go down with the Vcore the CPU dont run!! Why my CPU need so much power? The others in the CPU Database habe with the same speed a Vcore of 1,6?

Why do I need more tension so much?

Sorry for my bad English !

MfG
Christian

Every chip is not made exactly the same. Some overclock better than others. I have a 1.8a at 2.4 also. My Vcore is 1.775. You have to also consider cooling. These people that are running at 1.65 and lower have some serious cooling to keep everything stable. Personally if I was you, I would drop your FSB to 129. Lower the VCORE, and just tell everyone you are still running at 2.4. You won't be able to tell the difference between 2.3 ghz and 2.3.

he certainly won't be able to tell the difference between 2.3ghz and 2.3ghz :D
1.95Vcore is just way too high unless you have some serious cooling. I run 1.8 @ 2.4ghz with 1.75V with an average heatsink (and with no case fans). Have you put the memory speed down to 300 in the BIOS, so it will run at normal 400 speed at this overclock. If you have and you have decent cooling, all i can say is maybe you were unlucky enough to get a bad chip.

I agree, lower the FSB and voltage. Run that system for a couple weeks and then see what happens. Try doing more cooling mods. Sometimes after the CPU burns in a little, you don't need as much voltage.

Back