• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win xp and network card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darth

i just bought a Dlink DFE-530 TX ethernet adapter and i installed and started up my computer as usual just like any other new card. And then i pop in the floppy disk that came with the card and i run the install program. When it asks me what operating system i have im supposed to click on Win XP right? but its not there! the drivers must be pretty old! where can i get a driver for XP?

THX!

The Dlink site doesn't have XP drivers either, but 9 out of 10 times, the Win 2k driver will work. I was supporting win xp during beta and win 2k drivers were the only thing we had available and that usually fixed it.

NTX-Zoner said:
The Dlink site doesn't have XP drivers either, but 9 out of 10 times, the Win 2k driver will work. I was supporting win xp during beta and win 2k drivers were the only thing we had available and that usually fixed it.

Yah, XP has alot in common with 2k, (like NT 5:rolleyes: ) so try the 2k drivers.

Back