• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uh oh I am THINKING again...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

Ok so I am going to cast my own heatsink... and I was just going to buy an aluminum one that I really liked, but I just thought of something better. Everyone has seen those toys that have those hundreds of pins together against a plexiglass sheet and you make faces and hand patterns in it right? Well couldn't I just get that, make an impression with it and then cast the silver into it? I know they are super small, but they will stand up to water flow... Damn now I am excited lol.

grreat idea plz post pic when you are done! i dont know what thos epins are made of though

The pins are probably made out of polished steel, but I am going to be casting it in silver. Plus it will be easy to remove the pins where I am going to have the channel walls in my waterblock... suhweet.

Back