• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the hell is it!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I believe that Dr. Watson was a problem solver/reporting tool for Windows 95 and 98. I remember at school the tech class was using it. I think that it will find IRQ conflicts and things to that nature for you, but I am not totally sure.

This is what I got looking at the help file in windows:

"Using Dr. Watson to diagnose program errors

Dr. Watson for Windows NT is a program error debugger that detects and diagnoses program errors, and then logs the resulting diagnostic information.
In the event of a program error, Dr. Watson for Windows NT starts automatically. Technical support personnel then can use the information logged by Dr. Watson to diagnose problems.

To start Dr. Watson

Click here .

For information about how to use Dr. Watson, click the Help menu in Dr. Watson."

There's more info in the help file of Dr. Watson that should answer whether or not you can kill it w/out effecting anything else. Hope this helps...

Dr.

BTW, I think it's not Dr Watson who's crashing. Smth else crashed, and DrW is summoned to diagnose the stuff. That's why you always see him in a task manager when sh*t happens...

I always thought Dr. Watson was some 3rd party software from Compaq, since the only place i ever saw it at was on a friends Compaq pc.
2000 and XP log erors automatically right?
-Malakai

yea, but the good doctor really dont help me much. sore he tells me when something crashes, but I can never understand what the heck he is talking about. what is it with doctors and using big words....

Mike

Back