• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game Crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BraK

Registered
Hey,

I have a p4 1.9 overclocked to 2.1.
512 Rambus
geforce4 Ti4600

The temp of the chip at this speed hangs around 65. I know thats a little on the hot side but way below the threshold of 100.

Whenever I play UT or MOH:AA at this speed teh games always crash. But when I bump the speed down to 2.0 they both run fine.

Any ideas?

Oh yeah I have a ASUS p4t-e motherboard. I overclock it in the bios. It allows you to change the clock speed and the fsp gets bumped up or down accordingly. I am not messing with the jumbers.

Seams you have answered the question yourself........

I suggest a better heat sink and some serious case cooling !

HUh?

Why would I need a better heatsink?
My chip temp never goes above 65.
My case temp never goes above 35.

I have a Thermaltake Dragon heat sink that is rated up to 3.0 gig.

I don't think that is the issue because I have played those games with my chip temp in the 70's.

I had an old heat sink that sucked so I did NOT overclock it and it still ran in the 70's. But when I got this new heatsink I can run my chip at 2.1 and the temp never goes above 65. But it is only when I overclock the chip the games crash.

Strange huh? Could it be the fsp speed? Voltage?

Re: HUh?

BraK said:
Strange huh?
You got that down brother!
Normaly, we set a limit of 50C as the max temp you want to run your CPU at. And anything over 50C hurts how much you can overclock, so your amazing 65C just blows our minds down here :)

I would have to agree that the temp is a problem because you can see yourself that it is unstable at overclocked speeds, and after reading the boards for a while, it seems that anything over 50C dosen't want to overclock.

JigPu

Back