• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omega Radeon Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xl

Hey guys, i liked some of the resolutions these drivers allow, and I was wondering what kind of luck you guys had with them.

I had a problem with the most recent Omega Drivers for Windows 98. They were version 1423 and they made RTCW completely unplayable. 1421 Drivers work great, however.

I tested out some radeon drivers, just to see what kind of 3d mark they would give me. For 98 SE, the 9030's were the best on my Radeon 64mb DDR, and the Omega drivers were 300 pts lower.

The rule of thumb I use for drivers though, is if it works with what you use, then use it.

well murgen just a FYI omega drivers are not built for benchmarking they are made for games, if u already know this maybe other peeps do not and now they know ;)

crash16 said:
well murgen just a FYI omega drivers are not built for benchmarking they are made for games, if u already know this maybe other peeps do not and now they know ;)

Out of curosity...
What do they do for games?

I think the idea of the omega drivers is that they eliminate graphical bugs and fix incompatabilities with lots of games, even if performance is sacrificed. It combines the most stable/compatable files from different driver releases.

-Rav

Back