• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZoneAlarm problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loweric

Registered
My problem is when I trun on ZoneAlarm in my gateway computer (computer 1), the other computer (comouter 2) cannot get internet access. I tried to set the Local security settings to Low and uncheck Block Local Servers (It seems that is the only thing I can do) still computer 2 cannot get internet access but the communication between computer 1 and 2 is still ok, is there any way to set ZoneAlarm to allow computer 2 to the internet, Many thanks

What is the security level set at on the internet side. If it is set on high back it down untill you can browse on the other computers.

I set the security level to highest, I will try to pull it back down to see it works not.
Yes, it was the problem of ZoneAlarm if I disable it I can get internet access in the other computer.

loweric said:
I set the security level to highest, I will try to pull it back down to see it works not.
Yes, it was the problem of ZoneAlarm if I disable it I can get internet access in the other computer.

Yea I had to drop the Trusted Zone security level to Med. in order to share resources and printers. That was my prob.

After I set the Internet security level to Medium, both of the computers can have internet access. Thanks all of you

A word of warning for all of you using ZoneAlarm.

The 'Disable' option you get from Right-Clicking on the ZA icon on the taskbar DOES NOT turn ZA off, it COMPLETELY severs the computers internet connection.
It does the same thing as clicking on the 'Padlock' in the center of the ZA gui (changing the lock to Locked).

Back