• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What OS would you choose if you...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The question depends on what I'm doing with the system. If I were using the system as a server or cruncher, I would definately go win 2k. If it was going to be a general use system, then I'd use win xp. The reason why, win xp does have mre overhead than 2k, but I like the new XP usability features.

I've heard of some software compatibility problems with WinXP...
btw, the comp will be for general use and gaming

Is this going to be running newer software or older stuff? The older stuff is what has been having problems, but not all older stuff. Prolly the best idea would be to list what you generally run and see if anyone on the forums has had problems with them on xp

Thanks for the advice... here's a joke for you..

A lady about eight months pregnant got on a bus. She noticed the man opposite her was smiling:) at her. She immediately moved to another seat.

This time the smile turned into a grin:p, so she moved again. The man seemed even more amused;).

When, on the fourth move, the man burst out laughing:D, she complained to the driver and he had the man arrested.

The case came up in court. The judge asked the man (about 20 years old) what he had to say for himself. The man replied, "Well your Honour, it was like this.. When the lady got on the bus, I couldn't help but notice her condition. She sat under a sign that said, "The Double Mint Twins are coming" and I grinned. Then she moved and sat under a sign that said, "Slogan's Liniment will reduce the swelling", and I had to smile. Then she placed herself under a sign that said, "William's Big Stick Did the Trick", and I could hardly contain myself. BUT your Honour, when she moved the fourth time and sat under a sign that said, "Goodyear Rubber could have prevented this Accident"... I just lost it.

Ditto,

I'm going to try win2k pro on my dual socket 8 PPro200s. When the XPse gets released, the price on ebay ought to drop sub $100. Right now it's almost the price of a good mobo.

Back