• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ways to monitor transfer files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cack01

I use my computer to store alot of people's files, since I have a lot of extra HDD space. So people are always connecting and trasfering files though the network from my comp. Is there any way or any programs that will let me monitor who is connected, and what they are downloading. I'm runing Win2kPro

thanks, Cack01

Under the computer management console (Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Computer Management) There is a listing for shared folders. If you expand that, then highlight sessions, that will show the users that are connecting to your computer and you can select open files to see what resources they are accessing. If you want, you can even right click and terminate a session if you want.

I installed all the addons on the cd, and the only thing I found that looked like the computer management was something called internet Services manager.
It does have an area that shows current sessions, but I doubt it is the same thing. I'll keep lookking.

Actually, try this. Right click the my computer icon and choose manage from the drop down menu. That will bring up the computer management console. If you are running win XP with the start menu modification, just right click it from the start menu.

AFAIK, this way you can only monitor active files and sessions. If you want to log them (so that you could know what's happening when you're absent), you must get some third-party thing, for example, the one at www.analogx.com - i believe it's called filemon.

Hope this helps.

RZA whats the programs name??? I have 2 mid terms today, and I really don't have time to seach through the 100+ progs on the site. I'm assuming its someplace in the networking area.?.?.?

thanks.

Back