• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HS and Fan for XP 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beavis

I need some recommendations about what heatsinks and fans are the best for overclocking an Athlon XP 2000. I'm thinking about the Volcano 7. I'm looking for performance while playing video games mostly. Should I use Arctic Silver 3? Do I need HS and fan on the Crucial too or will it be ok? Money is not a concern, I just want what works the best. Thanks!

Athlon XP 2000
Abit KR7A-Raid mobo
Win XP Pro
Ati Radeon 8500
Crucial 256MB PC2100
40GB Western Digitial HD
16x DVD ROM
32x Cendyne CDRW
Sound Blaster 5.1
Enermax 431w PSU
modem
floppy

I would suggest using a Thermalright AX-7. It's the best heatsink out right now, and it's not too much money. Just make sure that you get a good fan to go with it, and use the Arctic Silver 3. I'm still unclear about whether ramsinks actually help you overclock the memory more. If you unlock the athlon, then you won't need to overclock the memory, though it would boost performance, especially in video games.

Back