• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Someone Help Me Find or Make a Template!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

I am make a 60*60mm waterblock but I need to find and or make a universal hold down method so it is compatible with different platforms. Can someone recommend something?

I was thinking of doing a similar thing a while back before deciding that it was cheaper (time and resources) to just buy it.

BUT, while I was gathering info, I figured I would make the top of the block from Lexan (see through and would look nice with a couple of blue LEDs drilled into it). What I was thinking of doing was to use the 4 holes that AMD mobos come with. This is not as universal a solution as you wanted, but its the easiest way of mounting and dismounting the block, and its pretty secure this way.

Since the holes are pretty standard, all you have to do is measure them and make the top longer than the block so you can put some holes in the top and screw it into the mobo.

interesting... Of course I don't have an AMD motherboard lol but that is an avenue that I will have to pursue. The reason that I might be able to go a step farther is because I am casting my own waterblock. So I might be able to cast my own adapter too.

I suppose you could always buy a cheap HSF and adapt your design to use the clip from the HSF. Then you could modify the HSF to cool your chipset/GPU.

Back