• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I find a Windows 95 boot disk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It currently has 98 on it but it has stack overflow problems (see my other post) The cpu is only a p133 so I need to put 95 on it.

Do you mean the 98 cd, because the laptop doesn't have a floppy drive. And I'll have a wonderful day!

I have tha actual Windows 95 os, but it isnt a bootable cd like 98, so I'm assuming there's some sort of install floppy disk and I dont have one. Whatever I get I'm going to have to burn to a cd.

If you need the OEM OS intall CD, go to ebay and buy one. Unlike win2k, they're fairly inexpensive.

LOL
thats good you got a laugh and picked up some info. Wish I was doing so good with linux, not finding to many laughs just the facts!
later Steve

BTW thanx for those links guys. I now have a driver rich 98se bootup floppy with which to do a clean install of OEM 98se on my system. The mobo and bios are too old to support CDROM bootup. Anymore too many HW goodies aren't supported by 95b. The very next thing to install after the video drivers is win98lite to strip all the fat BG embeded in 98.

Back