• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just installed linksys network and drivers, what next?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

need these to share files and internet connection. how do i do this. i am running win 2k pro. i tried the networking wizard, but did not work.

Are you using a router, switch, or hub? Have you setup shares on each computer? Does each computer have the same "Workgroup" name? Are you using DHCP or fixed IP addresses? Have you setup duplicate accounts on each computer?

Just a few questions I could think of.

How many computers? What OSs? What kinda internet connection? What exactly are u trying to do

2 as of right now, hub win 2k. need to allow all computers to access internet. im running set queue for all you seti people, and i want the other computers to send there wu's to the main rig.

big priority, internet and file share.

Well im gonna take it that you have broadband right? Well the only way to share it, thats if u have only one ip, is to have a router, or have the NIC that comes out of ur modem (dsl, cabel) hocked up to one of the computers that you will have to keep on 24/7 (if u wish too). So that means you will have 2 NICs in one computer. Set up a proxy on that computer for security.

This is just a very basic idea of what I think u need to do, if u need the details then please post back.

ok ok well then set up a proxy on the dial up computer (the one with the modem) and then connect the two computer together, assign IPs and there u go. Do u need the detailS? cuz if u need them, ill give em to u. I would suggest u get analogx for ur proxy server.

peace,
adam

Back