• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

using FTP with linksys router?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raley

Registered
How can I do this? I just installed my linksys router and am using it to connect to comps to my road runner service. It works fine and everything but I can not seem to use the road runner FTP? I keep getting this error :

dos "ftp" command is not compatible with firewall software, routers, or any connection sharing software/hardware.

how can I get past this? I really need to be able to log in so I can access my 5 megs of space since I just got a digital camera and need to post some pics ;-)

Thanks for any help...

hmm... can you inform me of how to do this? I get into the router software (the ip address thing) but I can't find a straightforward option with which to do this... any tips? Thanks...

raley

Should be options in there for port forwarding or something similar. I don't have your specific router, so I don't have a step by step for you.

It's confusing to me that you can't connect to an outside FTP source, as that is usually enabled by default. Serving your own FTP site is what is normally blocked.

What software are you using for FTP access?

Last edited:
Jon said:
Do you have the FTP port (21) open on your router?

I think that he is trying to ftp out from his computer to the RoadRunner ftp server and cannot. You would not want to open the ftp port on the firewall in this case, that would allow incoming ftp requests...

have you tried to ftp from within Internet exploder...

I have no clue what I did... but it suddenly just decided to start working... now I just have the 3dmark problem... it will not run it locks up... 2000 and 2001 and pcmark2002 although sandra is fine... weirrrrrrrrrdddd

Back