• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanting to run a dedicated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lazer32

Registered
Hey guys, I'm wanting to run a dedicated server on return to castle wolfenstein and i have a router. I've gotten all of my server files setup the way i want in wolfenstein, i already have made a shortcut that automatically runs the server when i click on it and i'm only stuck with one problem. I'm either having a problem with the port forwarding or there just isn't a way to actually connect to any server or your own from the same system. I've forwarded the default ports to my ip and the ports that the server will be using and that adds the server online, which works because people can join, i've had friends from remote locations check. But when i try to connect to any other server on wolfenstein, including my own (though i do know that your technically not allowed to connect to your own dedicated from the same system) it doesn't detect the master server (which has all of the info for all servers) for some reason. Help?

Sounds like a DNS or DHCP issue. What OS's are you running on your server's and your workstations?

Wedo

Well on my computer it's sadly win ME for the time being, but this summer i'm getting win 2k. One other has win ME and the last one has win 98' The server is running off of my comp. It's a netgear rp114 router.

Not to sound selfish or anything but i've posted this same topic on about 2 or 3 different forums and was unable to retrieve a response, can someone plz help?

Back