• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just installed AX7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrm1957

What a difference in temps !!! Running AMD Tbird 1.4 on an
Elitegroup K7SEM mobo and they have dropped from 56 down
to 44 degrees C. Of course it's 86 degrees outside and the windows are open so it will definetly be lower when we turn the
A/C on. Find out what happens when AS3 settles in. As far as
I'm concerned this was a good purchase hope you all have the same luck with it.

yea...the ax7 kicks ***...only thing i didnt like was the installation part..its friggin hard to do...took me bout 30 minutes to do it...argg still have the bloodied knuckle that i slipped more than once on it

could be why mines didnt install to easily...i just used my hand, and had an oversized screw driver too..

Yea a very small screwdriver is what I used and made it a lot easier I tried one time with a bigger screwdriver and almost trashed my brand new board:eek: It is all about the right tool for the job:D

lol...****ty *** coolermaster heatsinks, thats what my board came with...my temps were always @ 47C and above...so glad i got the ax7

Coolermaster

Yeah hydro I had the guy at the PC store swear by those things
and I made my mistake but that didn't last long. Oh the woe
when we buy junk from the uneducated who just want a sale.

I installed my AX7 last nite. I removed my memory. I proceeded to set the clip with an average sized flat blade screwdriver, it slipped and hit the plastic socket where my memory was just a couple of minutes before - sheesh! Got a smaller screwdriver and slowly worked my way down and she popped in just fine. At any rate, I had initial temp drop of 10 degrees, that was about 5-10 minutes @idle. I ran Sandra burn-in for 30 minutes and now I sit @ 35c idle after 24hours. A 5 degree drop in temps, what I was expecting from others running this sink. I am happy with the AX7 and my 80mm Sunnon 46 cfm. I am concerned that my exhaust fast may be sucking air away from the fan on the sink, they are very close to each other. I think I will pull the power on the exhaust fan and monitor temps to see what happens,,,,,,,,

Back