• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan filter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
I have tryed it both ways. It is a minimal if any better performance on the sucking side. I asked for some suggestions on a replacement for the foam that came with it.

Thats crap foam they sent you if it stops all air flow. Try using an airconditioner replacement filter. Buy one, and you'll have replacement material for a lifetime. In the meantime, I'd be complaining to Coolerguys about the stuff they sent you.

BTW others will probably recommend nylon stockings stretched very thin, if you are so inclined.

You may actually be feeling the suction of the fan. It sometimes feels like it's blowing in the wrong direction. To quickly find out if this is the case, take a thin piece of material (reciept, tissue paper, etc...), and put it close to the intake of the fan. If it gets pulled onto or towards the fan, then it's the vacuum the fan is creating that you're feeling. If it blows away from the fan, then you don't have proper airflow through your case, or it isn't exausting the air it's pulling in properly.

Back