• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with win2k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ymNA

ok, just upgrade(or downgrade) to a Epox 8k3a+ from an AK31a, and windows XP doesn't like the new board or something, get atleast one BSOD a day. The error is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Anyway, I did everything, install VIA driver, update xp and stuff, still get it.

So now I want to go back to Win2k, but the networking in 2k suk, too hard for me, not like Xp you just use the home networking wizard. I want to share my 56k, printing with 2 other comps, both using XP, and I want my comp to be the one that connect to the internet. So where can I find a win2k networking for dummie to start with? if it's too easy you guys can tell me here.

thanks a lot :(

Hate to break it to you, but the XP networking backbone is built on the Win2k networking backbone. You want archaic networking? Run Win9x.

To share the modem: Right click My Network Places and click Properties. Right click your dialup connection and click Properties. There should be a sharing tab. Just click on the "share this connection" box and you're all set.

To share the printer: Install the printer (duh!) Then right click on My Network Places and click Properties. Right click on your LAN connection and click Properties. Click the checkbox becide "File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks" and click OK. Then go into Printers in Control Panel, right click your default printer, and click Sharing, click the "Shared As" radio button, and type in a share name.

Voila!

Back