• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnPgrosz

I just fired up my new rig,it was just a test because I don't have my new psu yet. The general specs are xp1700+,epox8k3a+, lian lipc71, gf4 ti4400 and an ax-7 with 68cfm delta. First off the delta was way too loud. My mom could hear it wine from the kitchen so I will get a rheostat. :D I attempted to unlock the cpu and it kind of works. Seems like I can only change between 11x and 8x, but I will try to unlock again. My temps were hovering around 32C, do you think thats normal? Anyway everything seems pretty good so far and I love the Geforce 4:cool: Tomorrow when I get my antec 550 watt psu I will try some more.

rnpgrosz said:
I just fired up my new rig,it was just a test because I don't have my new psu yet. The general specs are xp1700+,epox8k3a+, lian lipc71, gf4 ti4400 and an ax-7 with 68cfm delta. First off the delta was way too loud. My mom could hear it wine from the kitchen so I will get a rheostat. :D I attempted to unlock the cpu and it kind of works. Seems like I can only change between 11x and 8x, but I will try to unlock again. My temps were hovering around 32C, do you think thats normal? Anyway everything seems pretty good so far and I love the Geforce 4:cool: Tomorrow when I get my antec 550 watt psu I will try some more.

There was a warning on the main page about people turning $80 heatsinks into $20 heatsinks because of noise. You should have done more research and gone with a quieter rig instead of dumbing down the cooling power with a rheo because the noise is unbearable.

There are alternatives to Delta screamers.......

I run an 80mm Sunon fan on my Alpha heatsink, but the quietest fans to go for would be something like Papst fans.

I've noticed a new breed of overclocker emerging these days, the quiet type. Dedicated to o/cing like the rest of us, but doing it quietly with air cooling (before all you H2O freaks start!). Zalman Flower heatsinks and Papst fans seem the quiet way to go......

Re: Re: new rig

Über~PhLuBB said:

There was a warning on the main page about people turning $80 heatsinks into $20 heatsinks because of noise. You should have done more research and gone with a quieter rig instead of dumbing down the cooling power with a rheo because the noise is unbearable.
Relax man, I have done research. I knew how loud the fan was before I got it. I will either 7volt the fan or get a rheostat, neither of these things will decrease performance significantly. I'm not the only person using a delta 68cfm or 80cfm anyway. And also this wasn't a $80 heatsink Uber Phlubb, it was actually closer to $20($27+$10 for fan)$37, so I think this heatsink was a bargain considering its the currently the best performing heatsink available I think I have done plenty of research and made a good choice. And BTW I will gladly listen to input and advice but you don't have to be mean about it.

Re: Re: Re: new rig

rnpgrosz said:

Relax man, I have done research. I knew how loud the fan was before I got it. I will either 7volt the fan or get a rheostat, neither of these things will decrease performance significantly. I'm not the only person using a delta 68cfm or 80cfm anyway. And also this wasn't a $80 heatsink Uber Phlubb, it was actually closer to $20($27+$10 for fan)$37, so I think this heatsink was a bargain considering its the currently the best performing heatsink available I think I have done plenty of research and made a good choice. And BTW I will gladly listen to input and advice but you don't have to be mean about it.

I wasn't being mean or condescenting, sorry if it sounded that way. I was just saying there's an article on the main page about how people buy Swiftys and turn them into Coolermasters. Not mad or spiteful, just informative. =)

Uber Phlubb I'm sorry if I took your post the wrong way. I just got upset because I have been putting so much time into researching which parts to get and that kind of stuff. BTW I did see that article. Sorry about that. :)

Back