• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P2B / Voltage below 1.8V?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D2DM

Hi,

my 2nd system is limited to a minimum voltage of 1.80Volt.
(I'm familiar with the P2B limitations with running coppermines of 1.75V, multipliers 11 and 12, and such..)

I would like to be able to get 1.6V or so from it.

Can this be done?

The vidpins tell the motherboard what voltage it should supply (let's say 1.8V in this case) but where does that 1.8Volt go into the chip? What pins..

If this is a few pins can I put resistors on those lines to lower the supplied Voltage? How much Ohm value, what type of resistors to get from 1.8 to 1.6V?

Links / info appreciated.

tia.

I'm really just taking a shot in the dark here but I know that people increase voltage on motherboards by attaching a grounded wire to a Pot then to the voltage chip. Now, I don't even know if its possible to do a voltage mod on your board itself, but if you attach one end of the wire to the 1.8 Vcore voltage source (you can measure the voltage with a voltage detector on the board) and then to a Pot and then to the voltage chip, then you may be able to start out at full resistance (probably 100K Ohm) and lower the resistance to lower the Vcore. Just a thought.

I guess "Pot" meaning resistor..
Idea sounds logical.. you suggest to put the "pot" further away from the destination (cpu) and closer to the source.

Good thing my other mobo goes down to 1.3V in bios :)

Thx for the input.

Back