• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conneting Klipsch 5.1 and SB Audigy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VaTechHokies

I am considering buying the 5.1 klipsch system and was looking at the connections the other day while I was at Best Buy. Could someone tell me how they have the speakers connected. From what I could tell by quickly looking at the speakers, there are three input connections on the speakers themselves, front channel, rear channel, and sub....but the audigy card (to my knowledge) doesn't have a sub channel. Is it possible to use the surround jack on the audigy card, or do the seperate channels have to be already split when they are connected to the speakers (i.e. you would have to use the front and rear jacks from the audigy card). As you can see I'm a little confused. Thanks for the help! :D

*edit: And no, I am not going to buy them from Best Buy, I just wanted to look and listen :beer:

you'd have to run through HI-FI to get the sub. thats why i like the hercules game theater XP it has front back center and sub on the back of the rack

But I know I've seen a few people post who have only had Klipsch 5.1 and the audigy sound card, at least I thought so. Are you saying that they don't sue the sub channel? Or if they do they run it through a reciever? That would kind of defeat the purpose of shelling out a ton of $$$ on these speakers and a quality sound card.

Back