• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink piped to a radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kakao

Anyone knows how good is it?
Interesting design. Pro: the fan not only cools the CPU but also blows air out/in the cabinet. Con: ?
Next step would be to place the radiator inside the PSU so there would be one less fan making noise.

It seems like there using a heatpipe there, which would be more effective than a HSF alone, however its effectiveness depends on how well it is made.

Well, the site didn't have anything worth while except some
pictures. I don't like the site too much.

As for the HS....the pictures showed what appears to be
the correct number and diameter pipes to cool an Athlon.
The production costs of this design will be high. Getting
the design to be efficient can be very difficult especially
when a wide range of ambient temps are anticipated.

Unless BillA gets his hands on this and gives it a thumbs
up....run away....run away.:eek:

i agree with Tecumseh. the site is all pics and no info. do they explain how they made the heatpipe? the temps seem to be high anyway. we all know the REAL overclockers hang out here.
:)

You guys want more info than what that site had, try puting "shuttle ss40" into a Google search. (it's in the url)

It's a new barebones system from shuttle, the hsf is included. It (and it's big brother the ss50) are intended to be replacements for shuttle's other little mini board...the one that mailbox computer is based on.
Since the board is growing up with ddr and all that, they needed a better yet silent cooling solution, cause this is mainly used for a home entertainment type box.

A neat little heatpipe all in all, but there'd be a hard time using it on another system, like say an Abit. They keep the socket so close to the top edge of the board, that there's no room above it for the heatpipes radiator....too bad, looked like it could be fun to play with too.

wow, thanks Diggrr. pardon my ignorance and arrogance in my earlier post. that is indeed an interesting system. Shuttle makes some nice stuff.

Back