• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k7t266 pro2 and pc2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kimfong

I want to make sure some samsung pc2700 ram will be supported by the msi k7t266 pro2 (based on the 266a chip).

kimfong said:
I want to make sure some samsung pc2700 ram will be supported by the msi k7t266 pro2 (based on the 266a chip).

Techncially speaking the Via 266a chipset does not support PC2700 DDR Memory however some motherboards featuring this chipset can reach the speeds that require this type of memory. The question therefore should be can your components, mobo and system obtain the 166 mhz FSB that requires PC2700 memory.
Its also worth remembering that some people including myself have obtained these kinds of FSB speeds using PC2100 on 266a chipset mobos

Last edited:
I'm getting only 138fsb @ cas2, about 141fsb@cas 2.5 on my amd 1700+, unlocked and multiplier at 12. (some hyundau pc2100)
I'm getting pc2700 because I do not want to gamble and its difficult to find crucial ram here in Australia. also its gonna be samsung, so leaves me a lil' room if i upgrade in the next few months.

Have you tried dropping the multiplier a little more? if so then I would consider that it could be some other item of hardware that is possibly holding you back or poor voltages, have you tried removing all the cards other than those required to run the system.. IE remove the soundcard, modem, network card etc and see if you can get any higher then.
My 266a mobo system for example would not be stable above 160 mhz FSB untill I removed the Sound card

Back